The problems of information leakage
Rapid technological development has necessitated the very frequent replacement of IT devices. This equipment (e.g. hard disks, streamer tapes), may contain key information for the company, which in the case of falling into the wrong hands may pose a threat to the further functioning of the company or institution.
This makes data protection against unauthorised access more important than ever.
In institutions and enterprises, where confidential information is managed (such as personal data, credit card numbers, account numbers, product information, sales reports, etc.), there is a possibility of its uncontrolled leakage. Institutions such as e.g. banks, insurance or telecommunication companies are obliged to irreversibly delete data. Unfortunately, some of them do not do it effectively, and this threatens not only the costs caused by the loss of data, but also criminal responsibility.
Why do some institutions and companies struggle with problems of information leakage?
Well, the most common reason is the lack of:
- knowledge regarding the principles of dataprotection and effective data deletion.
- appropriate procedures and regular training of employees.
𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄:
- how to effectively delete data from different types of media (hard drives, magnetic tapes, mobile phones, SSD drives)?
- what degaussing of magnetic media is?
- how to develop data security procedures in your company?
- the devices for datadeletion and destruction of storage media available on the market?
Contact us if you need help in the above area.
📩e-mail: [email protected]
☎️International Hotline: +48 122 919 101